Sunday, December 4, 2011

Dev Anand : (1923 - ......) Forever

Dev Anand , Guide






















Shocked , Broken , Speechless .

May his evergreen soul rest in piece.





" Dev-aan"....... ( His father used to call him).

Romancing with Life :

"My younger brother (Goldie) was so attached to me & I to him that I always carried him on my back , as I went out in the evenings to play with my friends.Sometimes I would play cricket ,at times hockey or gilli danda , but mostly Marbles -Marbles of different sizes & hues,combination of green & blue , and yellow ,orange & brown,and of the off-white of the soda water bottles ,I had bagfuls of marbles that I had collected , having won them in games from my neighbour's sons,and pals in the street.They were my prized collection, for I was an ace at playing marbles .Every time I aimed at one from a given distance , it would hit the bill's eye to the dismay of the other boys participating in the game.They were all jealous of my prowess .One day as I proudly jingled the marbles bulging out of my pocket , some of them spilled out , rolling down a slopy patch of ground .As I started chasing after them , I heard my father calling out " Dev-aaan "and there he was......................."




I will miss you , Love you always !!!!

1 comment:

  1. We are losing our legends one by one.After few years God forbid we won't have any of the legends whom we boosted of.Our country will become like a place devoid of any shaddy trees that give us a fresh cool breeze refreshing us from the every day tensions of life.Post independence we were blessed with best ever talent in the art, cinema and music field. Our country needs a resurgance in the above fields and the same can be obtained if we we do not ape the west , be Indian as Indian art and music is far far superior and scientific compared to others

    ReplyDelete

test ad